Ugboko Progressive Union Gala Fundraiser
A Non-profit 501(c)3 Organization
- 7-25-2015 - 111% Funded! We did it! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL
View photo highlights from Convention and Fundraiser
- 7-18-2015 - 76% Funded with 1 week left! Final week
- 7-13-2015 - 74% Funded with just under 2 weeks to go! We're almost there. Thank you so much for your support.
We are Idumuje-Ugboko people of Delta State, Nigeria who reside in North America dedicated to helping our people back home be successful. Our current campaign is raising funds to continue this work through two existing highly successful programs we support. We are organized as a 501c3 organization and donations are tax deductible. Please consider making a generous donation today to support what we are doing.
For many years we helped out back home through charitable giving and building. Unfortunately the results we got were discouraging. Consequently, we embarked on programs that teach skills for getting things done.
So here's what we are doing;
- Youth Education - We worked with Joyfields Institute, an education services provider, to create a 2-day workshop designed to teach young people how they can realize their dreams. The first workshop, “Success Through Goals, Action Planning and Implementation: Managing Self Change” teaches participants to set and reach their goals. Since 2011, we have conducted 4 such workshops, and trained nearly 80 participants all of who established goals and worked up plans for reaching them. This December we will train another 20 participants plus add accountability and mentoring to the program, and
- Health Care - Some of the local citizens already successfully run a local Health Care Clinic. We help by raising funds to support the clinic's various preventive health care initiatives such as medical education, health screenings, blood pressure monitoring, pre and post natal care, diabetes among other things
In four years the large majority of youths and adults who availed themselves of these resources benefited tremendously, stayed healthy, created and achieved goals and became more responsible for their lives. The have become less of a burden to others.
We need your help raising funds to sustain this work, add increased accountability and implement a mentoring component.
We will keep you informed of our progress on this campaign via ongoing updates and social media. Remember friends, your support is like a pebble dropped into the ocean. The ripple effect is exponential. Prayerfully consider donating today. Thank You.
We start with prayers
The real work begins
Presentation of Goals & Plans
Our previous youngest (then 14) now 16!
Getting the certificates of completion ready
The certificates please
Our youngest yet – at 12!
Some won big money to work their big idea
Till next year…